If you think for a minute that a reader can’t tell the difference between a do-it-yourself designed book and a professionally laid out book, you’re sadly mistaken.The pages of a professionally-designed interior gives your book instant credibility with buyers. Designing and preparing book pages, whether for print or eBooks, goes beyond setting margins and choosing fonts.
A professionally designed print book has the following components:
- No paragraphs where the last line consists only of a word with less than five characters which include punctuation.
- No hyphenated compound words.
- No excess hyphenated words.
- No issue where the same word falls one above the other on several consecutive lines of text.
- No loosy-goosy lines of text.
- No large and unattractive fonts.
- No two-line paragraphs.
- No word spaces that fall in a pattern that is distracting to the reader.
- No pages ending in a hyphenated word. Readers hate that!
- At least four lines of text on the last page of a chapter.
My professional page layout design services include the following:
- Two custom interior design samples, where I show you my ideas for the text design. I’ll work with you on these samples until you are completely satisfied. I never use templates; I always give your book a unique look compatible with your subject matter.
- Typesetting your book to professional standards.
- Proofreading your book using the The Chicago Manual of Style as a guide.
Prices are for black and white books up to 50,000 words, 6×9 or smaller, with fewer than 10 images to place and 20 sidebars. If your book contains tables or your specs differ, please e-mail or call me for a custom quote.
Ebook Formatting is also done and designed for Kindle, Nook, and iBook. Now, remember this is not ebook conversion but ebook formatting. Don’t know what the difference between ebook converting versus formatting is? Read this article: How Does a Book Become an Ebook?
The price of ebook formatting is:
Ebooks: Memoirs: $450
Print and Ebook Formatting Memoir Combined cost: $1550
Print and Ebook Non-Fiction Formatting Combined Cost: $2550
Price for both print book and ebook includes proofreading and two hours of revisions. Additional revisions are chargeable at $99/hour. (One or two changes per book page can be completed within this time limit. To avoid additional charges, please finalize your manuscript before the book design process begins.)
Click on the Download link below each title to download samples pages.
From Trauma to Inner Peace
By Dr. Rashel Keshmiri (Memoir)
By Dr. Sabina Devita (Nonfiction)
Girl, I Had Enough
By Terry Wroten(Urban Fiction)
The Roadmap From Disabilities to Success
By Dr. Kathy Johnson, ED.(Nonfiction)
By Karyn Riggione (Fashion)
Confessions of A “G”
By Seven (Memoir)
Our Star is Shining Bright
By Albany Community Charter School (Children’s Literature)
Life Love and Pain
By BSavvy (Poetry)
Thank you for wanting to do business with me. I require a 60% non-refundable deposit to begin work, an interim payment for completed work at the 30-day mark (in the unlikely event that your book has not been completed by that date), and the balance paid in full before files are sent to you or your printer.
I accept credit card payments through PayPal (below) as well as e-checks and paper checks.
If you prefer to pay your deposit by check, please let me know. I’ll begin as soon as your check clears and I receive your manuscript.
Upon receipt of your deposit, I will require you to email me your manuscript so that I may begin working on it. In the event that your manuscript is more than the non-fiction requirements stated above, you will be billed a correct quote and any remaining deposit balance will be due before work begins. Please check my requirements on the basic non-fiction price and contact me for a quote if your manuscript holds more than what is stated.
There are no refunds upon receipt of deposit. Upon receipt of deposit and once your manuscript is received work will begin. You will be provided with two samples to begin with and once a sample is chosen, the rest of the layout for your work will begin. You will then be provided with a timeline of how long the work will take to complete.
Thank you for choosing me to give your book the beautiful look it deserves.